By Gary Bauer
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I want to focus on something that is infuriating me. It’s the false narrative being perpetuated by many in the media, including Fox News, and many Never Trumpers. The narrative is that Biden’s win is a triumph of “moderation.” That’s a total lie. It is a complete myth.
My friends, Joe Biden is not a “moderate.” He’s not a “centrist.” Maybe he was 30 years ago, but not today.
The difference between Biden and Sanders is that Sanders is honest and not ashamed to admit his agenda is socialist. Biden is mimicking Obama and Warren by disguising his radical agenda with words like “progressive” and “reform.”
Let me remind you who the real Joe Biden is.
- Biden supported same-sex marriage before Barack Obama did.
- Biden believes in abortion during all nine months of pregnancy, and is committed to forcing you to pay for abortions.
- Biden is all in on a big government takeover of healthcare with an even bigger version of Obamacare.
- Biden wants to give free healthcare to illegal aliens.
- Biden has apologized for deporting illegal aliens.
- Biden’s immigration “reform” plan is more foreign aid and no border wall.
- Biden is weak on communist China.
- Biden is an enthusiastic advocate of the Iran nuclear deal that gave the ayatollah’s regime billions of dollars, put it on a path to nuclear weapons and threatened the security of Israel.
- Biden is all in on the radical Green New Deal. He’s even threatened to put energy executives in jail.
- Biden will appoint radical justices, like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who will distort the Constitution and use the Supreme Court to impose a radical agenda on the American people.
- Biden suggested he would put extremist Beto O’Rouke in charge of his gun control policy.
What about any of this suggests that Joe Biden is a “moderate”? Again, you don’t have to take my word for it.
- This media analysis found that Joe Biden’s platform is more liberal than Hillary Clinton’s.
- The Washington Post editorial board recently declared, “No, Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden are not ‘centrists.'”
- Axios wrote that Biden has “taken positions to the left of Barack Obama — illuminating the liberal drift of the entire party.”